Just in time for the Fall Holidays including Thanksgiving – today, we are sharing with you our FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPE! Especially since last month you received its complimentary Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. Believe us when we say combining the two will make you fall in love with pumpkin all over again!
For us, the words “Smashing Pumpkin” bring to mind great memories & joys:
- Famous comedian Gallagher smashing fruits & vegetables from the rooftops.
- Grunge bands head-banging drums and mosh pits in Seattle.
- The Day after Halloween when pumpkin seeds are strewn about the streets of our cities.
- Sweet Cheeks Baking Co’s MOIST & DELICIOUS Cake is in season!!!
Fun Fact: We adapted our recipe from one we found years ago in Southern Living Magazine. Funny enough, growing up in the Northeast we had not even considered The South being known for its pumpkin farms! We use this recipe to bake it as pumpkin bread, cake, layer cake, cupcakes and even whoopie pies! It is such a versatile and delicious staple for the Fall, not to mention…a serious CROWD PLEASER!
-Elaine & Donna
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 6 (each) Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour (sifted)
- 1/4 oz Wheatgerm
- 2 oz Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 oz Flaxseed
- 3 tsps Baking Soda (sifted)
- 3 tsps Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Two- 9″ rd or cupcake pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Combine sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs
- Mix well
- Sift dry ingredients
- Stir dry ingredients into oil mixture, beating well
- Stir in pumpkin puree and chocolate chips
- Pour batter into greased and lined cake pans, Two 9″ rds.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
Yields: Two- 9″ rds & 6-7 cupcakes
Have fun making this recipe for your friends and family. Here are some beautiful pictures of the ones we’ve made. Please share your creations to our Facebook page, we would love to see them all!