With the advent of this year’s inaugural (for the Sweet Cheeks team) showing at the San Diego County Fair in Del Mar, we’ve found that our TOP 2 FAVORITE TREATS for the crowds are the Unicorn Cupcakes and the new WHOOKIES! We decided that we should set up a little DIY fun for all of you to get your friends, kids, and/or neighbors together and create your very own Whookies for Summer goodness. As you’re baking your own cookies, don’t forget you need 2 cookies for each Whookie, so be careful when thinking you have extras for snacking!
We don’t live in an ice cream world here at the bakery, so we’ve created our own fillings that become even MORE DELICIOUS ONCE FROZEN… Yummers!
We’ve found our own top 2 favorite combinations:
- Monster WHOOKIE – Our famous Peanut Butter-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chunk (GF) cookies, sandwiching cold Italian Butter Cream and rolled in rainbow nonpareils (or any fun party sprinkles are fine)
- Chocolate Chip Salty Dogs – Chocolate Chip cookies sandwiching our Dark Chocolate Truffle Frosting*(recipe below)…Add broken up pretzels inside for that POP of salty flavor!
You can really come up with any sort of fabulous combination. Here are a couple more to ponder:
- Oatmeal Raisin Whookies – fill with Cinnamon Spiced Buttercream or Cream Cheese (see our earlier blog with that delicious recipe!)
- White Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Whookies – fill with Coconut Cream Cheese and roll in coconut shavings or dark chocolate sprinkles…Whaaat??????
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE BUTTERCREAM to fill any Whookie
- 1 lb – unsalted butter
- 10.5 oz – granulated sugar
- 5 oz – cocoa powder (sift)
- 4 oz – half & half (milk and cream)
- 1 oz – vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp – salt
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add cocoa powder slowly
- Add vanilla and salt
- Beat in H&H in a slow steady stream
- Mix a few more minutes until blended and fluffs
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!
-Elaine & Donna
Leave A Comment