- 4 T/2 oz. – butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup – sugar
- 2 each – eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 1/2 oz. – juice from 2 lemons (to taste)
- 1/2 oz. – zest from 2 lemons (to taste)
- **1/4 oz. – lemon extract if no zest
- 1.5 sheets – gelatin sheets, bloomed
- Place butter and sugar in pot over low/medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- Temper eggs into mix.
- Stir constantly to keep from curdling, use whisk until throughly mixed then rubber spatula.
- Cook until thicken.
- Strain through chinnois.
- Mix in bloomed gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Let cool then refrigerate.
For a Pie
Bake in a pre baked pie shell for 10-12 minutes. Let cool! Then decorate with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream and don’t forget…ENJOY!
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!
-Elaine & Donna