Decadence comes in many forms. Chocolate lava-style cakes, while not something we make on a regular basis for the bakery, are forever a top seller in restaurants and certainly a personal craving of ours. This particular recipe, while so simple, is (in a word) = PERFECT! The trick is to be sure you don’t over-bake these little beauties, better to under-bake than over. Be sure to set a timer, and don’t worry if they still jiggle when you take them out of the oven.
- 18.5 oz
- 3 1/2 oz, Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz, Unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 4 oz, Brown sugar
- 3 each, Eggs
- 3 3/4 oz, AP flour
- 1/2 tsp, Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a pan of very hot water and stir until smooth.
- Set aside chocolate to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar, then the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and finally the flour.
- Measure out batter into ramekins, 3 1/2 scoop for 4 oz ramekins.
- Bake for 7 minutes
We dedicate this scrumptious treat recipe to our good friend and former Cheek, “MB,” who was kind enough to share with us his tried + true method. Michael has been a pastry chef for many years – mostly between Florida and San Diego, and we were fortunate enough to have his strength & smile with us for a few of those years. He’ll be leaving San Diego for the east coast soon, and we’ll miss him very much. Those Floridians will be thrilled to take him back and enjoy his baking skills!
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!
-Elaine & Donna
Leave A Comment