Here it is, as promised! Thank you for everyone who voted on our Facebook poll. Apple Pie won this round, sorry Pecan!
Apple pie is an American classic, as it should be! The smell of a delicious apple pie baking in the oven will always give a sense of warmth, love, welcome and pride. We at Sweet Cheeks LOVE making this flavor in any shape or size. Here is one of our favorite ways to create this delectable dessert…with CRUMBLES!
PS: Pie crust is not provided in this recipe. Make sure to provide your own choice of pie crust – homemade, store bought, GF, Vegan, etc!
- 1 cup, All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, Rolled oats
- 1 cup, Sugar
- 2/3 cup, Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp, Cinnamon – ground
- 1/4 tsp, Salt
- 1/2 cup, Cold unsalted butter
- 30 oz, Apples – thawed and sliced
- 4 oz, Sugar
- 4oz, Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp, All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp, Cinnamon
- 1 tsp, Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp, Lemon juice
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- By hand, mix in pieces of butter into dry mix, creating a crumb topping.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Let the apple mix rest for 30 minutes.
- Once rested, put apple mix into unbaked pie shell (strain apples from liquid).
- Bake pie for 25 minutes on 350º.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 12oz of crumb on pie.
- Bake on 322º for 30 minutes. (If the pie is getting too dark, cover with foil for last 15 min)
- Let rest for 4-5 hours before cutting.
- 9″ deep pie pan –
- 1 1/2 cup Crumb
- 1 3/4 lb. Apple mix
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!
-Elaine & Donna