As society becomes more health conscious and aware of how food and ingredients are processed, more of our clients ask for wholesome ingredients to be incorporated into their sweets.
At Sweet Cheeks, we are equally as passionate about the ingredients that go in to our desserts as the designs and decor that go on them. We bake with the very best ingredients – locally farmed cage-free chicken eggs, butter, and organic field lavender, whole wheat flour, flaxseed, and wheat germ, farmer’s market berries and fruit purees, and sustainably sourced chocolates. We also offer a selection of vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free options to accommodate clients with dietary restrictions. Nobody should ever have to sacrifice delicious dessert!
This Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe can be used to make traditional cake, cupcakes, and even our Dimples (cake cookies). We’ve also used it in loaf form to create slices perfect for snacking – no icing needed!
- 1 cup – All-purpose flour (sift)
- 1/4 cup – Wheat germ
- 1/4 cup – Flaxseed
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Baking soda
- 1 tsp – Salt
- 3 Tbsp – Dutch processed cocoa powder (sift)
- 1/3 cup – Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp – White vinegar
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1 cup – Water
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to bowl with dry ingredients and mix until combined. Batter will flow easily and be very dark brown.
- Spray and line pan, then fill with batter.
- Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 1 – 9×9 square pan (or double the recipe and use 1 – 9×13 pan)
- All-purpose flour can be substituted for wheat germ and flaxseed if unavailable.
- Chocolate chips (3 oz) are great on top!
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!
Leave A Comment