Spring is finally here! While we can’t exactly complain about our mild San Diego winters, we are thrilled to enjoy warmer temperatures, sunny skies, and incorporate bright, fresh ingredients into our cakes and desserts. Whether your plans include some Marie-Condo inspired spring-cleaning or spending a generous amount of time outdoors enjoying the fresh air, our spring-inspired Lemon Sour Cream Loaf is a great way to start your day.
Our good, old-fashioned lemon bread recipe is perfect for a spring brunch. It’s easy to bake and requires no fuss – no decorating or icing required. Just top with fresh jam or berries and whipped cream, pour yourself a glass of your favorite espresso, and enjoy!
If you’re feeling friendly, share a loaf with a neighbor and you’re sure to be buds for life. Cheers to new beginnings!
- 2 lb – Butter, softened
- 2 ½ lb – Sugar
- 2 lb 14 oz – Cake flour
- 1 ½ oz – Baking powder
- 1 ½ oz – Baking soda
- 16 – Eggs
- 4 oz – Lemon extract
- 1 oz – Orange extract
- 3 lb 12 oz – Sour cream
- 2 oz – Lemon zest
- 3 oz – Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, lemon extract, and orange extract.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix flour into batter.
- Add lemon and orange zest.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into well greased pan and bake at 350º for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 6 – standard loaf pans (It’s so good, you’ll be dying to share!)
Give our recipe a try and feel free to share your photos to our Facebook page! We’d love to see your creations!