Walking into 2020 like… whew! Thank Heaven 2019 has ended, and good riddance! Whirlwinds of the past hold nothing against what 2019 brought to so many of us. If you read my last blog letter (yes, I am WAY BEHIND for good reasons), since then my sister Sue tragically lost her battle against an extremely aggressive bone plasma cancer (Multiple Myeloma). That sure turned my world upside-down, gave my team a lot more work to cover, and put my brain back a few months.
With that being said, I stepped right back into WEDDING SEASON 2020, and clearly it will be a VERY BIG YEAR for San Diego weddings! We must say THANK YOU to all of the (past and) upcoming couples getting married and celebrating LOVE! Contributing cakes, desserts, cookie favors, and otherwise delicious experiences to their incredibly special days is what we LIVE FOR here (and it truly helps to make loss more palatable to talk about luuuuuuuuv – that’s why we love this business).
This year showcases our Signature Wedding Cake Menu (including, among other fantastic flavor combinations, our very popular Signature Wedding Cake, AKA “Ode to the Hot Toddy” – delicious layers of Vanilla Bean Cake infused with Honey, Whiskey & Lemon, Lemon Buttercream, Silky Cream Cheese, and Italian Buttercream Icing…yes, I’m licking my lips as I type this!)
Also look out for our whole new menu of Gluten Free and/or Vegan Wedding Cakes (you’ll NEVER believe that the Vegan Pina Colada Cake isn’t filled with real toasted coconut cream cheese!)
We are proud and honored to be on the Preferred Cake Vendor Lists at nearly all of the spectacular wedding venues in San Diego. For amazing savings, our cakes are even included as part of the Wedding Package at some of the top wedding venues of San Diego as well! Let’s all give a cheer for this new YEAR!
2020 Wedding Packages who include Sweet Cheeks Baking Co. cakes & desserts:
- Catamaran Resort & Spa (ON the beach, ON the bay, tiki style & fun)
- Coasterra Restaurant (downtown San Diego’s finest VIEW on the bay)
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa (with a multi-million $$$ renovation, mega-tent on the bay)
- Feast & Fareway Coronado (completed renovated & fantastic bayside venue)
- Hilton Harbor Island (perfect for quaint gatherings and surrounded by SD’s biggest harbor)
- Hyatt Mission Bay (situated between 2 bays, surrounded by beaches & fun)
- La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club and The Shores Hotel (La Jolla’s top beach destination)
- Lomas Santa Fe Country Club (gorgeous green rolling golf course with sunset & ocean beauty)
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort (surrounded by water with grand ballrooms & outdoor grandeur)
- Prado at Balboa Park (one of San Diego’s historic classics, with endless photo opps in the park)
- Westin San Diego Gaslamp (downtown chic, fun and modern, surrounded by urban excitement)