You, your new spouse, and your CAKE will be the most photographed single items at your wedding! It’s important to hire an experienced cake design company to ensure that cake stays fresh and continues to stand UPRIGHT for the long hours before cake cutting. Since 2007 Sweet Cheeks Baking Co. has exceeded expectations with thousands of wedding cakes.
From classic recipes to Vegan cakes and Gluten Free cakes, our sweets are made with local, pure, fresh ingredients. Check out our delicious MENU of custom cake flavors.
For those who want to cut to the chase, see our PRICING page for further information.
We bake with “goodness,” meaning we use top quality natural ingredients, like single farm/sustainably sourced 60% Cacao Chocolates, cage-free eggs, and fresh fruit purees. We frost in either the silkiest Italian Buttercream or Vegan Frostings and rarely suggest fondant or dyes, unless required by the design you request.
San Diego wedding cake shopping should be FUN & DELICIOUS! Check out our wedding cake gallery for pages of some of our designs, but don’t feel limited to what we’ve already done – this is YOUR day, so let us make it PERSONAL to you!
We also design amazing Dessert Stations! Try hand made Pop Hearts, personalized cookies, 2-bite Mini Desserts, and mini cupcakes as a beautifully edible display…these little babies sure are portable on a dance floor! See cupcake and specialty item menus & galleries for some fun ideas to show them off. Don’t forget your fiance; consider a super cool GROOM or PARTNER CAKE!
Additional Wedding Services
In addition to designing & creating your special cake and desserts, we also offer the following:
- DELIVERY – A trained and skilled SWEET CHEEKS BAKING CO. team member will ensure safe delivery and beautiful set up of your special cake and desserts. We bring tool kits and buttercream just in case too!… prices vary based on specific locations & time required.
- RENTALS – are available to enhance your display. Please inquire for specifics.
CONGRATULATIONS! We work with many AMAZING vendors, please feel free to ask us for recommendations of unique wedding venues, top photographers, creative florists, event planners, rental companies, and other pros who might suit you in the San Diego area.
- Signature Wedding Cake (AKA “Ode to the Hot Toddy”) – Fluffy Vanilla Bean Cake, infused with honey & whiskey and layered with silky cream cheese & lemon buttercream (gf) or (v)
- Fresh Lemon-Berry – Vanilla Bean Cake infused with almond syrup, filled with our zesty lemon curd and white chocolate mousse with fresh, seasonal berries (in season) ($$) (v)
- Piña Colada – Fluffy Coconut Cake infused with rum + pineapple juice, layered with coconut cream cheese & pineapple curd. (Iced in Italian Buttercream) (gf) or (v)
- Cheebee’s Best Carrot Cake – Mom’s recipe since childhood, this amazing cake is loaded with fresh grated carrots, spices, coconut, and raisins; filled with our Classic Cream Cheese & Cinnamon Spiced Buttercream.
- Marbled With Love – Swirls of Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Cakes, filled with Raspberry Cream and Chocolate Mousse.
- Tiramisu – Coffee-Kahlua soaked vanilla cake, layered with traditional Latte Cream Cheese and White chocolate Mousse – an Italian classic in cake form! (gf)
- Classic Red Velvet – True Red Velvet, a buttermilk-chocolate cake, layered with Cream Cheese filling, needs nothing more.
- Triple Chocolate Darkness – Blackout Chocolate Cake filled with Dark Chocolate Truffle, Chocolate Mousse, and Crushed real OREOS(R) (Option to Add Whiskey-soak) (gf – however, the gf option does not come with Oreos) or (v)
- “The Sicilian” – Sicilian Pistachio Cake filled with Hazelnut Cream & Cherry Mousse. (v)
- “The Elvis Favorite” – Fresh Banana Cake slathered with Peanut Butter Cream, Dark Chocolate Truffle, and crumbled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Smashing Pumpkin Cake (Sept. – February) – Crazy-moist from pureed pumpkin, seasoned with autumn spices, rich Latte Cream Cheese & White Chocolate Mousse (gf)
- “Strawberry Loving” (March – August) – Rosy pink layers of Strawberry cake, layered with our white chocolate mousse & fresh strawberries and silky cream cheese fillings
- “Lady Marmalade” Orange Cake (March – August) – Fresh orange cake layered with Marmalade buttercream and Chantilly Cream infused with Orange Blossom water + fresh raspberries fillings
Special Notes & Items
- (gf) = Gluten-free options available ($)
- (v) = Vegan options available ($)
- ($) = Indicates that an additional charge may apply.
The 7 Sweetest Wedding Cake Trends of 2019
Wanna know which wedding cake trends will be everywhere this year? Get our free 2019 Wedding Cake Trend Report straight to your inbox!
Latest Wedding Articles from the Blog
How-to Help Couples Mix Traditions in 2020 and Beyond
This post was originally posted on 1/26/2020 by WeddingPro.com. We’ve learned that two-thirds of couples are taking at least one wedding planning action pre-proposal from the recent 2019 Jewelry and Engagement Study provided by The Knot Worldwide. From the proposal to their actual wedding day, couples are making each aspect [...]
Bree + Brock’s Tropical Seaside Wedding
It’s hard not to believe in soul mates, when you see Bree and Brock. From the stunning tropical-inspired floral displays by Joy of Bloom Florals to Bree’s gorgeous Rue De Seine wedding dress, everything about the couple’s Darlington House wedding was just perfect! The couple included so many personalized elements [...]
A Slice by Slice Guide to Planning the Wedding Cake of Your Dreams
Congratulations, your happily ever after awaits! Wondering where to get started planning the most delicious part of your wedding? We have created the ultimate guide to make planning this showpiece of your wedding easy, and best of all, stress-free. Follow our slice by slice cake timeline and watch your vision [...]